Products – Vblock
VCE Vblock’s are the worlds most advanced converged infrastructure.
Rated top of the Gartner magic quadrant for Converged Infrastructure, VCE’s Vblocks provide a rapidly deployable and low risk IT infrastructure. The Vblock’s converged infrastructure enables faster application deployment, higher availability, and lower Total Cost of Ownership.
Vblock Systems enable data center modernization so that IT can simplify every aspect of IT operations to improve agility and lower costs.
- Best-of-breed compute, network, and storage technologies from market leaders Cisco, EMC, and VMware, ensure that you are leveraging innovative technologies to streamline operations while achieving the Service Level Agreements that the business needs.
- Factory-integration and validation accelerates deployment, ensures interoperability, and delivers predictable performance. A broad portfolio of products lets you standardize operations—from remote/branch offices to the most demanding mission-critical data center environments.
- Integrated protection and mobility solutions enable backup, replication, workload balancing, seamless business continuity, and disaster recovery within and across data centers. And all factory-built and fully supported by VCE so customers can run their most mission critical application workloads with confidence.
- Converged management dissolves the data center silos and improves IT productivity. With VCE’s new innovative software, VCE VisionTM Intelligent Operations, IT enables converged operations.
- Life cycle system assurance ensures system stability, performance, and compliance to reduce costs, and more importantly, business risk. VCE not only ensures that components are interoperable on day one, but also validates patches and updates before you install them to lower your risk, maximize uptime, and lower TCO.
- Application optimization is mission critical. At VCE, we understand that the infrastructure is the foundation on which you run your business and your business applications. We test a range of customer applications so that Vblock Systems, configured according to best practices, can deliver optimum application performance.
- Comprehensive infrastructure support means that you have a single point of accountability for your entire infrastructure and data protection solution. VCETM Support eliminates the need to manage multiple vendors to diagnose and resolve issues and speeds time to problem resolution.
- Converged infrastructure training and certification helps your staff demonstrate cross-domain expertise to simplify daily operations.
All of this means faster application deployment, the performance and availability you need, at a lower cost and with lower risk to the business.
Centiant partner with VCE to deliver the full range of Vblock systems individually and integrated into complete datacentre and organisational IT deliveries. This provides a stable yet agile basis on which to deliver services and critical business infrastructures.
Together with our key selected partner VCE, Centiant deliver high performance mobile V-Blocks.
Our Mobile Vblock product comprises a modular, COTS solution which delivers both the IT capability of the Vblock with a controlled enclosed environment in which to operate. This has been verified to meet variety of customer requirements in support of their equipment expansion or relocation.
The predefined and tested environment offers a low risk and rapid construction time building on Centiant’s world leading design pedigree. Based on a pre-existing solutions, Centiant are able to deliver these units in compressed timescales while attaining leading-edge performance and efficiency. Time-to-deliver and installation time on-site is drastically reduced.
The solution provides self-contained standard ISO containerised modules in a turnkey format ready for immediate operation at the desired site. Our flexible design ensures that the system can easily be adapted to allow expansion or contraction of VCE supplied equipment or to accommodate different operational and physical characteristics.
Mobile Vblock IT Infrastructure
The container provides the capability to deploy a standard configuration Vblock of up-to four racks in size, supporting, usually one or two VBlock 340’s or quad Vblock 100’s or 200’s.
In its primary configuration, the Vblock 340 provides an optimized, fast delivery configuration based on the most commonly purchased components of datacentre infrastructure.
Granular, but optimized compute and storage growth by adding predefined kits and packs.
The VBlock 340 can support up to 128 blades and 16 Chassis of Cisco UCS B-Series servers, and up-to 1500 drives of EMC VNX storage capacity in a pre-optimised and tested configuration.
The VBlock is pre-prepared with an optimised VMWare hosting platform.
Block (SAN) and unified storage options (SAN and NAS), with support for multiple features of the EMC operating environment for EMC VNX arrays
The VBlock supports the EMC VNX5400, VNX5600, VNX5800, VNX7600 and VNX8000 SAN’s with up-to 4.2Tb of Cache.
Second generation of the Advanced Management Platform (AMP-2) for Vblock System management
The AMP-2 runs VCE’s VISION software interfacing with VCenter, Cisco UCS Manager and Datacentre Network Manager, and EMC Storage management and optimisation software for a unified and complete management capability.
Unified network architecture provides the option to leverage Cisco Nexus switches to support IP and SAN with and without the use of Cisco MDS switches.
The network can be configured with a traditional FC SAN or Datacentre Bridging to allow storage access over a unified Ethernet fabric to the integrated FCoE SAN.
Standardized Vblock 340 cabinets with national and international power systems. These have been optimised for cooling and efficiency using comprehensive airflow analysis.
A standard build, the cabinetry with assembled systems offers a zero-touch build of large and small datacentre processing requirements, combined with the container for housing and supporting infrastructure. Power and data connections are provided on standardised tail circuits for interface to your organisation.
Alternatively, the container can also be reconfigured to support up-to four separate Vblock 100 and 200 series platforms. Both Vblock 100 and 200 operate the same VMWare software and VCE vision software suite for management.
The Vblock System 100 is a value-focused solution that is “right-sized” to fit within the footprint of Enterprise distributed locations and Mid-market data centers. Purpose built converged infrastructure designed to decrease management complexity, reduce IT expense and meet specific capacity and workloads requirements without compromising repeatability, standardization and business results. It provides 3-8 Cisco C-Series servers with traditional Cisco switching and up-to 10Tb of storage on an iSCSI/NFS VNXe SAN.
Vblock™ System 200 provides the world’s most advanced converged infrastructure in a variety of configurations that are ideal for virtualization and cloud computing. Customers can quickly and cost-efficiently create a next-generation data center that can run an entire IT operation—while reducing management complexity and enhancing business agility.
Designed for fast-growing, mid-sized requirements and distributed remote offices, it enables the flexibility to meet rapidly changing needs. VBlock 200 systems utilise 4-12 Cisco C-Series servers with unified fabric FCoE networking and a VNX 5300 SAN with space for up-to 105 disks.
Mixed hosting is available, for example a Vblock 300 for production use and dual Vblock 200s for development and test in an ISO27001 compliant institution.
A flexible path to data centre upgrades
For customer’s expanding or remodelling their datacentre facilities the mobile Vblock offer a quick and low risk option for preserving services while the primary datacentre is impacted.
The system can be delivered to a customer site pre-installed within the container. The customer’s first operation is to migrate services and information onto the containerised Vblock. The customer can then upgrade/repair their existing data centre or prepare a new facility.
When the existing/new facility is ready, the Vblock can be removed from the container and used with the customer’s upgraded system. Ramps at the entrance of the container provide ease of access. The customer can reutilise the container for future applications or repopulated as a disaster recovery/replication site to support the upgraded system.
Mobile Vblock Infrastructure