Modular Data Centre
Centiant’s modular datacentres provide a flat-packed ready-to-build datacentre infrastructure that can be transported and built at any site. A truly modular building, it can be assembled in any shape or size, expanded, and reconfigured. Expansion does not breach the datacentre’s internal environment and a clean-room is retained.
These units offer high resilience, security and are built using proven high specification components for outdoor and indoor locations.
They are rapidly constructed, and offer an environmentally controlled working area for use with the customer or Centiant supplied data and processing equipment. The equipment is proven, modern, scalable for future expansion and fully capable of operation in the most challenging of operating environments.
The system can be installed on unprepared hard surface using levelling feet or on a levelled concrete platform.
Each modular section is manufactured using Dual 2mm thick steel shells and these are used in the construction of all wall ceiling and base. Within the structure is an integrated modular framework to support all shell sections, floor sections and internal fixtures.
The interior space has the look and feel of a traditional Data Centre, Wide aisles, NOC spaces, Air Locks are all easily incorporated. The construction of each modular section gives the MDC high thermal efficiency, enabling low PUE and high density.
This provides a fully integrated design, providing exceptional benefits and rapid deployment including:
- Optional levels of redundancy and resilience, to Tier 4* (TIA 942)
- Virtually any shape of foot print and any size, turnkey ready
- A high-tech modular post and panel construction, of advanced performance
- Choice of power and cooling density, up to high density
- Cooling by chilled water systems or computer room air conditioning
- Fully self-reliant or connected to shared services
- Comprises non-combustible materials throughout
- Non particulate generating materials, hygienic and protective
- Non moisture bearing materials
- High thermal efficiency
- Rugged, long life Data Centre
- Highly secure
- Full remote monitoring and control capability
- Low carbon footprint, high efficiency design
No entrenched foundations are needed, using a rigid sub-frame mounted with levelling system or a standard concrete slab. The materials can be re-used and are fully recyclable. A completely temporary structure, planning permission is not needed for most applications. It can be made fully self-reliant with integral power generation, environmental plant, and external communications.
Granular growth ensures optimum energy consumption i.e. no unpopulated areas to unnecessarily cool or power. It also allows the addition of areas when required with a minimum of effort. Granular sections of 1 rack to as many as you require can be added with the removal of wall sections and addition of additional granular sections. Each granular section can be configured to suit the application with the following:
- Cooling components
- Free space
- NOC area
- Added to suit the customer application
The datacentre can be fully flat-packed for delivery by traditional logistics. An aviation palletised option is also available. This also allows datacentre build in areas where normal access is denied, such as inside listed buildings or remote areas.
Alternatively, slices are pre-assembled subsections of datacentre that can be used to reduce construction time on-site. Delivered by road, the slices can be winched into position rapidly and bolted together to create a computing environment in a matter of hours.
- Open Slice Open Slice
- Rack slice with Chiller Units Rack slice with Chiller Units
- Rack slice without Chillers Rack slice without Chillers
- Hot/Cold aisle containment Slice Hot/Cold aisle containment Slice
At manufacture-time the solution can be pre-staged with computing for an initial entry capability.
A full range of servers, storage, network and cabling can be configured and prepared with operating system images, applications and customer data. This allows the datacentre to be built on-site with ready-to-go and pre-configured IT equipment.
Ready-to-go IT equipment can be used for
- Early delivery of services for rapid return-on-investment (ROI)
- Support of on-site installation and transition staff implementing change at the new site.
- Support of security guards and CCTV.
- Provision of remote monitoring and test equipment, allowing communications links to be brought-up.
Pre-staged equipment is installed into rack-frames that can easily be slotted in when the datacentre is built. With all cabling pre-loomed, the installation becomes plug-and-play.
Active equipment, software and data are installed, configured and prepared at our integration facility in Tyringham. This allows the system to be tested and verified, and early training to take place for datacentre admins and operations centre staff.
A full range of datacentre computing infrastructure is available from Cisco, Brocade, Fujitsu and VCE, or your own equipment can be free-issued and staged.